This is an amazing recipe. One of my favorites. I have truly enjoyed sampling Vegan recipes these last few years and this is one of the best. https://ingoodcleantaste.com/leek-onion-tart/
Mmm….buttery tart with creamy filling, punctuated with the savory flavors of leek, onion, and thyme. Does it get any better than this? Oh, it does – because it is completely gluten-free and vegan! You don’t have to thank me. I do this because I love to eat, too :).
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 salt
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 egg
- 3 TB Grass-Fed butter or Avocado Oil
- 2 medium onions, thinly sliced
- 2 medium leeks, sliced lengthwise and thinly sliced (white part only)
- 1 tsp finely chopped thyme leaves
- 2 tsp finely chopped fresh marjoram leaves (or ½ tsp dried oregano)
- 1 TB finely chopped Italian parsley
- ½ cup vegan crème fraiche
- Preheat oven to 350. Oil a 9-inch tart or pie pan and set aside.
- Make the crust by stirring the flour and salt together in a medium bowl, then add coconut oil and egg, stirring to combine. Press into the bottom of a pie or tart pan, prick holes all over the bottom with a fork, and bake for 10 minutes. Allow it to cool while you make the filling. Leave the oven on.
- Heat a large frying pan over medium heat and add 1 TB butter or oil. When it is hot, add a third of the onions and leeks. Season well with salt and pepper, cooking until onions and leeks are starting to turn a golden brown (approx. 10-15 minutes). Pour mixture into a large bowl and repeat in two more cycles with remaining butter/oil, onions and leeks.
- Add the herbs and crème fraiche to the bowl and stir, tasting to see if more salt or pepper is needed.
- Pour mixture into pre-baked crust and return to oven for 30-40 minutes. The tart is done when the crust is a deep golden brown and the filling is set.